Monday, September 27, 2010

i have often found myself wishing my life were different, that things would have turned out differently and wondering "what if..."
yet i know that living in the hypothetical or wishing things away doesn't work.
my life is what it is, some things i cannot change while others i have the choice to change.
my life is what i make it amidst the circumstances i have been forced to deal with, good or bad. i always have a choice, and i think that i often forget that. so often i allow others and what they think and do negate my power of choice.
there will always be consequences in life that i will have to deal with through no direct choice of my own, all choices have a ripple effect whether or not we see it. i have been well aware of this for sometime now which i also feel impedes my ability to make decisions, as i am so worried about the ripples that some decisions are almost crippling.
one thing i know is that life gets overwhelming, but i have to just take it one step at a time; a painting begins with a single stroke and as more are added it becomes more than what it was.
same with life, make a small change and continue from there and you will eventually end up with something beautiful, maybe not exactly as you envisioned it but still a work of art.

1 comment:

Janine said...

Have you ever heard of the serenity prayer? I accept the things I cannot change... This reminds me of that prayer. I think you are a wonderful person. I think that you put too much emphasis on what you did wrong. You did lots of things right. You raised two awesome kids. You take very good care of me all the time. You are awesome.