Monday, April 18, 2011

Mortality

eat drink and be merry for tomorrow we die...


Often our own mortality slaps us in the face, whether it be the latest natural disaster, doomsday prophesy, death of someone we know, or even looking at patients in hospitals with no quality of life.


We are not guaranteed any time here on this earth, sometimes it just doesn't seem fair who stays and who goes.


So where does that leave us? We want to live each day to the fullest but we also have daily responsibilities, we can't all just quit work and do whatever we want to fulfill our greatest wishes and desires, but we can choose to live each day with a sense of purpose. To try to connect deeply with those around us and to be truly grateful for all we have. We may not get all we want but it is better to appreciate what we have than to waste our lives wishing for more and missing what's right in front of us.


I need to stop getting addicted to pointless facebook apps and deal with my own life, to stop getting so deeply involved in characters lives wanting to laugh and cry with them while neglecting those I have around me in real life. I need to take some risks and follow my passion. But most importantly I need to learn to LOVE. To get past my own selfish desires and feelings and to pour out love on those around me because that is what life is all about. I need to learn how to show love to those around me in ways they need and to do it.

There is no greater love than to lay down one's life for one's friends. (John 15:13 NLT)

No comments: